Performing a facial treatment is an opportunity for you to give your client a relaxing and enjoyable treatment designed to improve and rejuvenate their skin. Facials are beneficial for all skin types, and particularly for people who are experiencing skin problems (such as acne or signs of aging).
In general, a facial can be done at least four times a year, as each season changes or as course of treatments of 4 to 6 once a week for 4-6weeks. Facials have become exceedingly popular, as more people realize the health benefits they have to offer. The best plan is to clear time and get a facial once each month. That way, when your new skin cells have been generated, the dead cells can be exfoliated.Many clients require numerous treatments at once, so it is in your interest to offer a range of these treatments to make your business as profitable as it can be.
This course covers the technique for performing a superficial & deep cleanse, tone, steam, extract, massage, mask & moisturise. It also includes fantastic anatomy& physiology resources with clear diagrams and voice over. Health & safety guidance is covered as well as skin conditions and photographs, skin analysis and advice about different skin types as well as guidance as to which type of product would be good to use.
On completion of the course, successful students will receive a GTi certificate in Facial treatment.
TheFacial course comprises of 17 modules which are listed below:
- Introduction, Reception, Consultation and Ventilation
- Anatomy & Physiology
- The Cellular System
- The Muscular System
- The Nervous System
- The Skeletal System
- The Cardiovascular System and The Lymphatic System
- Contraindications and Contra Actions
- Skin Conditions
- Skin Types & Product Selection
- Facial Technique, Cleanse, Tone, Steam & Extract
- Facial Technique Massage
- Facial Technique Mask, Moisturise & Eye Care
- Treatment Adaptations & Aftercare
- Practical Module
- Qualification: GTI Award (Theory modules and examinations are completed online with full support available. On completion of the practical assessment, successful students will receive a GTI certificate in Facial).
- Course Accreditation: Guild of Beauty Therapists
- Membership: GTI Student Membership for 3 months for £25
- Therapists Prerequisites: You will be required to complete the GTi Professional Standards course which is included in your membership.
- Course Type: Theory & Practical
- Theory Hours: 16Hours (This is completed at your own pace)
- Practical hours: 8 Hours
- Examination: Theory exam must be done online, practical examination is at Gateway International College.
- CPD Points: 32 Points
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes