The world that we live in is an incredibly busy place. We all have the stresses of work, social engagements, and looking after those we love in life while our phones, computers, and TVs shout notifications about the things we forgot we agreed to the week before… sometimes it is good to just unwind.
Performing a Body Massage treatment is an opportunity for you to give your client a relaxing and enjoyable treatment designed to encourage a feeling of well-being.
This course will teach you everything you need to know about offering a professional body massage and includes a practical training assessment.
This Body Massage course follows the National Occupational Standards and covers reception, consultation, and ventilation. It also covers anatomy & physiology, contra-indications and contra-actions, skin conditions, preparing for treatment, massage techniques and a full body massage routine.
The course is beautifully written and accompanied by images, video, and a voice-over. Upon completion of the online theory modules, you will receive a PDF manual which you can refer to. All twenty-one of the modules and examinations are completed online with full online support available.
Six of the modules will also be assessed at a one-day assessment at Gateway International College. You will have the opportunity to practice the routine on friends and family before being assessed by an experienced tutor.
On completion of the course, successful students will receive a GTi Body Massage certificate which is acceptable for insurance purposes with The Guild of Beauty Therapists
The Body Massage course comprises of 23 modules which are listed below:
- Introduction, Reception, Ventilation and Consultation
- The Cellular System
- The Muscular System
- Muscle Positions & Actions 1
- Muscle Positions & Actions 2
- The Skeletal System Bone Structure
- The Skeletal System Bone Position
- The Circulatory System
- The Lymphatic System
- The Nervous System & The Endocrine System
- The Respiratory System & The Digestive System
- The Skin
- Contra-indications & Contra-actions
- Preparing for Treatment
- Massage Technique
- Perform Manual Massage – Front of Leg
- Perform Manual Massage – Hand & Arm
- Perform Manual Massage – Neck, Shoulder, and Chest
- Perform Manual Massage – Abdominal & Back of Leg
- Perform Manual Massage – Back & Neck Part 1
- Perform Manual Massage – Back & Neck Part 2
- Treatment Adaptations & Aftercare
- Practical Module
- Qualification: GTI Award (Theory modules and examinations are completed online with full support available. On completion of the practical assessment, successful students will receive a GTI certificate in Body Massage).
- Course Accreditation: Guild of Beauty Therapists
- Membership: GTI Student Membership for 3 months for £25
- Therapists Prerequisites: You will be required to complete the GTi Professional Standards course which is included in your membership.
- Course Type: Theory & Practical
- Theory Hours: 21Hours (This is completed at your own pace)
- Practical hours: 9 Hours
- Examination: Theory exam must be done online, practical examination is at Gateway International College.
- CPD Points: 39Points
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes