The world that we live in is an incredibly busy place. We all have the stresses of work, social engagements, and looking after those we love in life while our phones, computers, and TVs shout notifications about the things we forgot we agreed to the week before… sometimes it is good to just unwind.
Performing an Indian Head Massage treatment is an opportunity for you to give your client a relaxing and enjoyable treatment designed to encourage a feeling of well-being.
This course covers the technique for upper back, shoulder, upper arm, neck, scalp, and face massage. It also includes the theory behind Indian Head Massage such as the history of the treatment, principles of Ayurveda, mama points and chakras. The course includes resources with clear diagrams and images. Reception, consultation, and aftercare guidance is covered as well as contra-indications to treatment. Photographs and videos ensure this course is both engaging and informative to give you the confidence to perform the Indian Head Massage.
Upon completion of the online theory modules, you will receive a PDF manual which you can refer to.You will have the opportunity to practice the routine on friends and family before being assessed by an experienced tutor.
On completion of the course, successful students will receive a GTi Indian HeadMassage certificate which is acceptable for insurance purposes with The Guild of Beauty Therapists.
The Indian Head Massage course comprises of 18 modules which are listed below:
- Introduction, Reception & Consultation
- Anatomy & Physiology – Skin & Hair Types
- Anatomy & Physiology – The Muscular System
- Anatomy & Physiology – The Skeletal System
- Anatomy & Physiology – The Cardiovascular & The Lymphatic Systems
- Anatomy & Physiology – The Endocrine, The Nervous & The Respiratory Systems
- Anatomy & Physiology – The Skin
- Contra-Actions & Contra-Indications
- Massage Benefits
- Massage Mediums & Benefits
- Marma Pressure Points & Chakras
- Technique – Upper Back & Shoulder Massage
- Technique – Upper Arm & Neck Massage
- Technique – Scalp Massage
- Technique – Face Massage
- Treatment Adaptations & Aftercare
- Practical Module
- Qualification: GTI Award (Theory modules and examinations are completed online with full support available. On completion of the practical assessment, successful students will receive a GTI certificatein Indian Head massage).
- Course Accreditation: Guild of Beauty Therapists
- Membership: GTI Student Membership for 3 months for £25
- Therapists Prerequisites: You will be required to complete the GTi Professional Standards course which is included in your membership.
- Course Type: Theory & Practical
- Theory Hours: 17Hours (This is completed at your own pace)
- Practical hours: 6 Hours
- Examination: Theory exam must be done online, practical examination is at Gateway International College.
- CPD Points: 29Points
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes