Make-up application is one beauty treatment which most women, and some men, do for themselves every day. However, when a special occasion arises, or if they simply want to pamper themselves, they can visit their beauty therapist for a professional application. There are a whole range of options to suit every client, making this a very versatile treatment. Make-up application can be done for your clients on their special occasion such as a Wedding, Birthday, or a special event they might have.
This course covers the application of make-up to the face, eyes, and lips as well as how to perform a facial cleanse and apply strip lashes. The course also shows you how to adapt your treatment to suit varying clients’ needs. Resources with clear diagrams, images, video clips and voice over are included to give you the best possible learning experience. Reception, consultation, and aftercare guidance is covered as well as contra-indications to treatment. The course includes online theory as well as a practical training session at a Gateway International College designed to give you the confidence and ability to offer a full make-up treatment.
On completion of the course, successful students will receive a GTi certificate in Make-up.
The make-up course comprises of 15 modules which are listed below:
- Introduction, Reception and Consultation
- Functions of the Skin
- Skin Types
- Muscles & Bones of the Face & Skull
- Contra-indications& Adaptation
- Contra-indications & Contra-actions
- Technique – Facial Cleanse
- Technique – Face
- Technique – Eyes
- Technique – Lips
- Application of Strip Lashes
- Treatment Adaptations
- Practical Module
Additional course information
- Qualification: GTI Award (Theory modules and examinations are completed online with full support available. On completion of the practical assessment, successful students will receive a GTI certificate in Spray Tanning).
- Course Accreditation: Guild of Beauty Therapists
- Membership: GTI Student Membership for 3 months for £25
- Therapists Prerequisites: You will be required to complete the GTi Professional Standards course which is included in your membership.
- Course Type: Theory & Practical
- Theory Hours: 14 Hours (This is completed at your own pace)
- Practical hours: 6 Hours
- Examination: Theory exam must be done online, practical examination is at Gateway International College
- CPD Points: 26 Points
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes