Providing a spray tanning treatment is a simple way to give clients a safe alternative to a UV tan.This course will teach you the essential skills that you need to know to offer a professional spray tanning treatment and includes a practical training session with an assessment.
The Spray Tanning course follows the National Occupational Standards and covers reception, consultation, and ventilation. It also covers anatomy & physiology, contra-indications and contra-actions, skin types, preparing for treatment, technique, and aftercare.
The course is beautifully written and accompanied by images and diagrams. Upon completion of the online theory modules, you will receive a PDF manual which you can refer to. Eight of the modules and examinations are completed online with full online support available.
There is also a practical assessment involved at Gateway International College. You will have the opportunity to practice the routine on friends and family before being assessed by an experienced tutor.
On completion of the course, successful students will receive a GTi certificate in Spray Tanning.
The spray tanning course comprises of 9 modules which are listed below:
- Introduction, Reception, Consultation and Ventilation
- Tanning Methods
- Functions of the Skin
- Skin Types
- Contra-indications and Contra-actions
- Practical Module
Additional course information
- Qualification: GTI Award (Theory modules and examinations are completed online with full support available. On completion of the practical assessment, successful students will receive a GTI certificate in Spray Tanning).
- Course Accreditation: Guild of Beauty Therapists
- Membership: GTI Student Membership for 3 months for £25
- Therapists Prerequisites: You will be required to complete the GTi Professional Standards course which is included in your membership.
- Course Type: Theory & Practical
- Theory Hours: 8 Hours (This is completed at your own pace)
- Practical hours: 4 Hours
- Examination: Theory exam must be done online, practical examination is at Gateway International College
- CPD Points: 16 Points
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes